Saturday 18 MAY & Sunday 19 MAY, 2019
This competition is the annual Victorian Country Association hockey competition which is held in Melbourne in which teams compete against other Victorian regional associations.
Features of this event are:
• Under 13, 15 and 18 in boys and girls country representative teams
• Participate in a fun event over two days; 6 x 35 minute games.
• Strengthen your hockey skills and confidence in the game
• One of Victoria’s largest junior hockey event
• Provides all country Associations with an opportunity to travel together and represent their local area.
2019 AGE ELIGIBILITY
Under 13 competition: Born on or after 1 January 2006 Under 15 competition: Born on or after 1 January 2004 Under 18 competition: Born on or after 1 January 2001
All players must be registered and a member with Hockey Victoria by 1st of May 2019. You need to be registered with a Club from WGHA, but if you are currently registered with Gippsland Bull’s and would like to play you could do a dual registration with WGHA at no extra cost.
Team selection: Tuesday 30th April 5-6pm @ Bellbird Park
Training: Tuesday 7th & 14th May 5-6pm @ Bellbird Park
COST: $55 per player
Uniform: Navy shorts, bottle green hockey socks. Player shirts will be provided for the event. Mouth guard & shin guards must be worn.
Under 13 (Boys & Girls) Under 15 (Boys & Girls) Under 18 (Boys & Girls)
Essendon Hockey Centre Greensborough Hockey Centre State Netball Hockey Centre
Address of Venue
Essendon Hockey Centre: 1 Hockey Lane, Ascot Vale. Greensborough Hockey Centre: Plenty Park, Memorial Drive, Plenty.
State Netball Hockey Centre: 10 Brens Drive, Royal Park.
Please register your child’s interest by emailing Annette Zurrer on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact Annette on 0488299333 or your clubs junior development officer Andrew Mock (Gulls) 0417 705 744, Sam Taylor (Aztecs) 0459 959 96 or Graham Lyle (Drouids) 0437 986 064
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST REQUIRED FOR HEAD/ASSISTANT COACHES – 2019 GAME ON PROGRAM
Game on is a program for under 8’s and 10’s, where they train and play on the same night. The under 8’s program runs from 4:30pm – 5:30pm and the under 10’s from 5:40pm – 6:40pm. Team Grading commences on Friday 26th April 2019 for 3 weeks followed by a round robin format for 12 weeks.
The successful applicant will need to be enthusiastic with children. He or she is to further skill development for all participants whilst at the same time making the training experience enjoyable for all. He or she will also need to plan nightly drills and to communicate these appropriately to assist team coaches in their role in the program.
You will not be responsible for the administration of this program, other than providing insight and help with co-ordinating the distribution of teams, based on equality of skills through each team.
The ultimate success of the program will be based on the positive feedback from participants and parents. Our goal is for as many of our participants to move to our Under 12 program as possible.
The reward for co-ordinating this program is $1,200.
GAME ON ASSISTANT COACH:
The successful applicant will need to be enthusiastic with children and work closely with the head coach. He or she will assist the head coach in co-ordinating/setting up and running the training drills and overseeing the team coaches.
The reward for co-ordinating this program is $600.
Expression’s of interest and any further enquiries can be forwarded to:
Marg Austen 0438251448 or email@example.com
HOOK IN2-HOCKEY – AN INTRODUCTORY PROGRAM FULL OF FUN AND GAMES!
DATE: Friday, 22 February 2019 for 8 weeks. TIME – 4-30 PM
CONTACT NAME: Margaret Austen CONTACT NUMBER: 0438 251 448
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE COME & TRY SESSION: Friday, 22 February 2019
Come along and have fun playing hockey!
To Register – Go to this link – Register Here
2017 HOCKEY GEELONG
U13 & U15 MIXED CARNIVAL
Date: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2017
Venue: Geelong Hockey Centre, Stead Park, John Street, Corio, Geelong
Team Entry Fee: $200 per team (payable on day unless paid prior)
Team Entries Close: October 21, 2017
Player age: Players must be aged under 13 or under 15 at January 1, 2017 to be eligible.
Maximum of 8 teams per age group — 1 entry per Club/Assn per age group. Clubs/Assn may nominate extra teams in an age group, however these entries may only be accepted if that age group is not full.
This is a Mixed, 11-aside carnival; therefore all teams must have at least 4 girls on field at all times. There is no maximum limit of the number of girls. U15 Teams may use U13 players if draw permits.
The playing rules of FIH 2017 will apply unless altered by any of these rules.
• Tomahawk shots are permitted in both U13 and U1S grades.
• No playing, or attempting to play, the ball above the shoulder in either grade.
• Short corners or penalty strokes awarded on, or immediately prior to, the siren will not be played out.
• All teams must have a minimum of 4 girls on the field at all times; there is no maximum number of girls allowed.
• Game time will not stop for injury or any other reason. First Aiders will be in attendance.
• The first named team (HOME TEAM) to use the Dugout to the left of the field, must provide the match ball and shall start with the ball.
• Penalties: Green Card — 1 min; Yellow Card — 3 min
• Only runners or turf shoes allowed (no footy boots with steel cleats).
• Games will be 14-mins (no half-time), with 1 minute changeover between games. Games will start at the fixtured time; teams not ready will forfeit game time. Game times may be adjusted subject to team entries. If this occurs, clubs will be advised prior.
• All teams will play each other in their Age grade once. Scoring: Win: 3 points; Draw: 1 point; Loss: no points.
• Umpires will be provided for all games. If you have any umpires wanting feedback please let the Carnival Co-ordinator know ASAP. Please note: Umpire Assessments cannot be conducted at this event.
• All players must be registered with a club/association affiliated with Hockey Victoria and play only for their nominated team, unless special circumstances prevail and approval is granted by the Carnival Co-ordinator or their appointed official.
• Overall Grade Winners: In each age grade, the team leading on points at the conclusion of all matches shall be deemed the Carnival winner and win the Prize Money of $250; no Grand Final match will be played. If two or more teams lead on equal points, then the winner will be decided by the following order:
1. Team with greatest goal difference — if still tied on equal points, then
2. Most goals for;
3. Least goals against;
4. The winner of the match/es between the teams.
If, after the above, there is still no outright winner, both teams shall be declared joint Carnival winners, and share the prize money.